DELAWARE, Ohio – Albion College racked up 115 ½ points to finish second in the Marv Frye Invitational.
- The discus throw was Albion's best field event, with ShaQuoria Thompson winning at 135' 5" and Anna Albaugh the runner up at 127' 10"
- Thompson also scored third place in the shot put at 40' 9 ¾"
- Sprinters Emilee Kinney, Alexis McGinley, Chalara Sutton and Layla Wilks moved up to ninth on the Division III performance list when they blazed to first place in 48.37 seconds
- Wilks added a second place finish in the 100 (12.51) and 200 (25.79), while Sutton was third in the 200 (26.19)
- Cianna Brown won the 400 meters is a season best time (1:00.13)
Albion is excited for the opportunity to compete at home on Friday. The Britons will host a meet against athletes from Alma College and Olivet College.
Joe and Julie Serra have given a $5 million leadership gift to launch a fundraising initiative to make two dreams a reality at Albion College. The first is a newly expanded fitness and student activity facility at the site of the current Dow Recreation and Wellness Center. The second is a new or renovated competition facility for the volleyball, men's basketball and women's basketball that currently call Kresge Gymnasium home.
The College is continuing to raise funds in support of both projects. To learn more, call 517/629-0446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.