On August 18, Albion College will reopen some of its outdoor athletic facilities, for faculty, staff, and students only. Below is a listing of the facilities that will reopen, along with guidelines that must be followed by all who wish to utilize them.
- The facilities that will reopen are both the track and field at Sprankle-Sprandel Stadium, the outdoor tennis courts and all grass areas. At the stadium, no activity other than running or stretching will be permitted.
- Alumni Field (soccer / lacrosse), the baseball and softball fields and all indoor facilities will remain closed at this time.
- Masks must be worn and physical distancing must be maintained.
- Sanitation practices will be implemented and followed. Hand sanitizers will be located at each facility for those using the spaces.
- Facilities are to be used by Albion College students, faculty and staff only. No public use will be permitted at this time.
- All who use the facilities must present their student / staff ID and proof on the Aura app that they have tested negative for COVID-19
- Albion will continue to monitor this fluid situation, taking into account recommendations from the Calhoun County Health Department to ensure a safe environment for all students, faculty and staff.
- From August 18-20, all facilities in the reopening plan will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Weekend hours will be August 21: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; August 22-23: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Schedules regarding the availability of these facilities once practices start will be posted at a later date.