OLIVET, Mich. – Kimberly Barber was busy Friday afternoon.
The Albion College junior who prepped at Gobles High School placed first in the jumping events, finished second with the 4x100-meter relay and sprinted to third place in the 200 meters while competing against athletes from Alma College and Aquinas College in a quadrangular meet at Olivet College.
Barber sailed 5.15 meters (16' 10 ¾") in the long jump and 10.70 meters (35' 1 ¼") in the triple jump. She joined Erika Coleman, Layla Wilks and Emilee Kinney in the 4x100 relay (49.85) and reached the finish in 26.74 in the 200.
Jessica Johnson picked up Albion's other first place performance, throwing the shot put 12.17 meters (39' 9 ¼").
The list of Albion athletes finishing in the top three in their respective events included:
- Kinney in the 200 (2nd, 26.46)
- Allison Butler in the 400 (3rd, 1:01.92)
- Megan Winkler in the 400 hurdles (2nd, 1:11.45) and triple jump (2nd, 9.88 meters)
- Hannah Almhiemid in the 400 hurdles (3rd, 1:12.21)
- 4x400 relay (Emily Kinser, Tyra Thomas-Spratley, Alicia Medrano, Allison Butler, 2nd, 4:10.16)
- Coleman in the long jump (2nd, 5.04 meters)
- T'Ana Smith in the triple jump (3rd, 9.44 meters)
- Abby Voglewede in the discus throw (3rd, 32.68 meters) and hammer throw (3rd, 35.73 meters)